Telestax is the leading CPaaS enabler for communications service providers and creator of the award-winning Restcomm API platform. Telestax also provides turn-key Applications on top of CPaaS that enables service providers to go to market quickly and start generating revenue from day 1. Originating in an open source environment, Restcomm has been tested by over 10,000 telecom developers. As a trusted partner in real-time communications, Telestax delivers Restcomm Cloud to innovative companies around the world. When service providers join with Telestax, their customers gain the advantage of a superior network and full CPaaS capabilities along with turnkey Applications. With bring your own carrier options, white labeling, and a complete suite of voice and messaging APIs, service providers benefit from new revenue streams and a competitive edge in the evolving digital transformation. Restcomm Cloud removes the friction in application development and business workflow integration with user-friendly tools like the Visual Designer. The Telestax RESTful API gives experienced developers control to create robust omnichannel applications alongside technologies such as advanced IVR and intelligent chatbots. Learn more about Telestax, Restcomm Cloud, and turn key Applications at www.telestax.com today.
Telestax is currently seeking a member to join our Solutions team, you will be a key contributor in designing, building and deploying all of the internal and external components of Telestax’ turnkey applications. To take it to scale, you will be developing and maintaining a complex distributed Application with points of presence globally and will be concerned with availability, throughput, latency, and scalability. At the core are cloud technologies that enable deployment and management of computing resources globally.
Candidates in this space should have a strong desire to drive innovation by building feature-rich, scalable systems that are conducive to evolution. Our products must handle continual core network traffic from Tier 1 operators, CPaaS companies and large enterprises on a global scale.
Travel for meeting your distributed team and conference events can happen over the course of your tenure at Telestax.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Architects and Engineering leaders to define, architect and build new customer-facing features related to our Applications Services
- Help drive the technical requirements, building, upgrade, and maintenance of our applications services
- Design, develop, including writing and reviewing code, and maintain our applications’ backend microservices as well as their REST APIs
- Ensure that our applications’ backend microservices are highly available, stable, secure, performant, fault-tolerant and scalable
- Drive quality by writing unit, functional, performance and capacity tests.
- Ensure that our applications’ backend microservices are instrumented and monitored
- Develop diagnostic and troubleshooting tools made to our customer support organization
- Work closely with Site Reliability Engineers to ensure services are reliable, scalable, manageable, and supportable
- Excel as an engineer and be a productive member of the team where leadership is a behavioral trait, not a title
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, development best practices, and new technologies. We are always improving the process of building software; we need you to help contribute
- Experience Designing and Maintaining REST APIs
- Experience architecting, designing and developing testable, fault-tolerant, scalable and highly-available (>= 99.95% uptime etc.) software
- Experience with Java JVM and Java Microservices Framework and Application Servers such as Spring, Spring Boot, Akka, Vert.X, Tomcat, JBoss
- Experience operating and tuning Java server applications and knowledge about JVM internals (Memory & CPU Profiling)
- Experience with SQL databases and NoSQL next generation distributed data stores (Cassandra/MongoDB/CouchDB) and database optimizations
- Ability to define schemas for various types of data and types of access, setup appropriate data stores (MySQL, Elastic Search) and operate them at scale
- Experience with CI/CD practices (Pipelines, graceful shutdown, A/B upgrade, canary upgrades, …) and tools (Jenkins, Spinnaker etc..)
- Automated testing experience (Junit/testing, Mockito + Jmeter/Gatling.io)
- Container experience – Docker
- International experience (working in or with multi-cultural distributed environments)
- Experience with load-balancing, In memory data grid technologies – Infinispan, Redis …
- Experience with exposing Monitoring HTTP Services Metrics through tools such as Datadog, Prometheus, Graphana, APM
- Experience with securing HTTP Services as part of DevSecOps
- Container Orchestration (Kubernetes, AWS ECS)
- Experience with Serverless
- Ideally, you have experience in a SaaS production DevOps environment where you ship rapidly and often. AWS experience or similar cloud-based offerings.
- Technical writing skills
- Remote Experience
- You have worked in an Agile development environment.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with fast moving team and changing requirements
- Ability to work with independent thinkers who are highly technical and passionate
- Ownership: Act as one company—one team: Care first about Telestax, not your role or your department. Own your stuff, no question, but go beyond your role; help before you are asked. Everything you need to make things happen, you do it
- Pune, India
- Remote Telestax Virtual Office
Telestax is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.