The Cloud Services Engineer will work collaboratively within the Global Support Services (GSS) team and support key Cloud initiatives at Telestax. The Cloud Operations team is responsible for 24x7x365 support of the Telestax Cloud Infrastructure. The Cloud Services Engineer must have a proven track record of supporting a public cloud infrastructure and a demonstrated expertise in related Cloud technologies. We are looking for an experienced technical operations engineer who wants to grow their career and who will help contribute to customer success.
Primary Job Responsibilities
● Provide a high, detailed level of technical assistance to ensure customers get the most out of Telestax Cloud Services
● Core Contribute (bug fixes/feature additions) to Product as required
● Provide technical support to our cloud based customers
● Willingness to work weekend duty as required by the Global Support Services organization
● Experience working with customers
● Experience analyzing, troubleshooting, and providing solutions for technical issues
● Experience with Networking, Mysql Database, Amazon AWS, Routing Protocols, SSH, Network Monitoring / Troubleshooting tools
● Some programming / scripting experience (Java, Perl, Ruby, C#, Bash, and/or PHP)
● Experience managing full application stacks from the OS up through custom applications
● Experience working with REST API technology
● 3+ years of professional customer support experience
● Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a technology-related discipline
● Good knowledge and hands-on experience with Mysql database and Linux Operating System
● Good knowledge of Docker Virtualization, Git, AWS and other cloud technologies
● Excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills, with a passion for problem solving and investigation
● Effective English language skills, with the ability to communicate courteously and effectively with customers, third-party vendors, and colleagues
● Experience with Virtualization AWS, Openstack, VMware
● Scripting/Programming experience (Java, Perl, Ruby, C#, Bash, and/or PHP)
● Knowledge of SIP protocol and VoIP
● Must be willing to work weekend shifts as required by the Global Support Services team.
● Good knowledge of SIP protocol.
● Good knowledge of Docker, Git and Maven.
● Experience with XMPP, Amazon Web Services and Slack is an advantage
● Hands-on experience with application server technologies like Tomcat/Wildfly Middleware
● Willingness to travel for work-related reasons as required